Current Job Openings
Purpose and scope:
Test Engineer is responsible for testing, validating, and troubleshooting electronic and power circuits used in the company's battery charging and monitoring products.
The ideal candidate is resourceful, a good problem solver, is organized and has a background in Electrical Engineering or Electronics Technology. Familiarity with Analog, Digital, and Power circuits is required.
The candidate should be comfortable working in a small development team and should have the ability to work on multiple projects as required. Assuring a steady completion of workload in a timely manner is key to success in this position.
- Assemble and test hardware prototypes of various electronic and power PCB subassemblies.
- Interpret schematics, wiring diagrams, and test procedures to troubleshoot and repair electronic and power circuits.
- Use various lab and test equipment to perform component and board level testing, troubleshooting, and repair of electronic and power circuits.
- Perform thermal testing of electronic and power circuits and document test results.
- Program microcontroller-based control boards and perform step-by-step testing to validate and analyze code and product performance.
- Prepare products for regulatory and safety testing.
- Perform various documentation tasks including generating test reports, updating schematics and BOMs, and searching for electronic components.
- Perform other duties and tasks assigned by design engineers in a professional manner.
- This position involves working in a standard office or field installations where there may be exposure to dust, wind, and temperature extremes.
- This position requires extended periods of walking, standing, and bending and requires long periods of computer usage.
Skills / Other:
- Ability to work well under tight schedule.
Education and Training:
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering required
- 3+ years of working experience in a similar field.
- Power supply / battery charging systems work experience is a plus.
- Must be familiar with power electronic circuits and components such as Mosfets, IGBTs, PMIC's, discrete semiconductors, and passive components.
- Must Have SMT and Through-hole soldering experience.
- Proficiency in testing and troubleshooting various electronic and power circuits down to the component level.
- Familiarity with common power conversion circuits such as Buck derived, boost, and flyback from 1 to 10kW.
- Must be able to troubleshoot digital, analog, and power electronics circuits including reading schematics.
- Proficiency using laboratory test equipment such as oscilloscopes, signal generators, data acquisition, ammeters, and voltmeters is a must.
- Able to collect laboratory measurements, gather data and present it in a clear and concise manner.
- Familiarity with embedded control systems.
- Familiarity with Regulatory and Safety testing.
- Comfortable with 3-phase AC circuits with up to 30KW rating.
Successful candidates will be required to submit to a criminal background check.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY POLICY
Advanced Charging Technologies provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race (including traits historically or culturally associated with race, such as hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress and religious grooming), color, age (40 and over), genetic information, disability (mental and physical), medical condition (as defined under state law), national origin (including language use restrictions and possession of a driver's license issued under section 12801.9 of the California Vehicle Code), ancestry, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression), sexual orientation, marital status, familial status, parental status, domestic partner status, citizenship status, pregnancy (including perceived pregnancy, childbirth, lactation, or pregnancy-related conditions), military caregiver status, military status, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Advanced Charging Technologies complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. Advanced Charging Technologies expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment or discrimination based on any of these protected categories.
The duties and responsibilities described above are not a comprehensive list and that additional tasks may be assigned. The scope of the job may change as necessitated by business demands.