Current Job Openings
Purpose and Scope: The Sr. Electrical Engineer designs circuits, performs PCB layouts and creates drawings for electrical systems. The Sr. Electrical Engineer participates in designing components, assemblies, and systems from specifications, source control drawings, sketches, models, prototypes, or verbal instructions for both new and existing production designs.
- Principal design of DC-DC switch mode power converters/supplies (1-100kW)
- Principal design of AC-DC Bidirectional Inverters (1-100kW)
- Principal design of Level 1 - 3 Electric Vehicle Chargers following
- Familiarity with industry standard protocols: SAE J1772, CAN and Power Line Communication
- Generating the model base firmware for DSP with Mat lab/Simulink, debugging the hardware with software
- Controls system design and optimization
- Design of gate-drive circuitry
- Design of electrical and mechanical parameters for power magnetics.
- Schematic, PCB Layout design and design verification
- Design for EMC including circuit board layout, control, and filter design.
- Translate customer requirements and specifications into overall design strategy and technology
- Create and maintain program timelines for electronics subsystems
- Develop robust technical solutions from concept through production
- Conduct appropriate engineering analysis and select materials
- Set direction with vendors and electrical technicians to build prototypes
- Write engineering development test reports that include conclusions and recommendations
- Maintain open issues list during development
- Prepare engineering documentation including Worst Case Circuit Analysis (WCCA)
- Formally release all product requirements into the Engineering change management system
- Conduct and participate in design reviews internally and with customers
- Establish production feasibility of designs working
with vendors, engineers, and manufacturing.
- Generate and follow-up on cost reductions
- Communicate with other engineers to help develop product strategy for standardization
- Mentor less experienced engineering staff
- Keep supervisor advised of work status, workload, problems and progress as related to work assignments.
- All other duties as required.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering (Minimum)
- 10 years power electronics engineering on electrical assemblies experience required